2023 General Security Notice to All KNUST Students Especially Freshmen ; The administration of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has provided students with safety advice by outlining general security measures and guidelines on campus.
Below are the KNUST security tips released by the Security Unit if the University:
- Always lock your doors even if you will be away for few minutes.
- Do not keep your door keys under door mats, flowerpots or any unsafe location. It is better to deposit your keys at the Hall Assistants’ lodge for safekeeping.
- Don’t entrust your valuables in the hands of people you do not know.
- Always walk in pairs or in groups to reduce your vulnerability to attacks.
- Avoid walking in the dark or near bushy and isolated areas whether well-lit or not.
- Do not listen to prophesies from strangers as you might be defrauded by them.
- Avoid talking to strangers or engage them in a conversation.
- Direct strangers to security officers or a recognized University staff.
- Always secure your valuables and electronic gadgets eg. jewellery, money, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, etc. before sleeping or going out.
- Avoid isolated bus stops on and off-campus and board only KNUST campus embossed taxicabs or shuttles to reduce your vulnerability to attacks.
- If not sure of the identity of the driver and passengers on board in commercial, ride-hailing vehicles and taxicabs, decline the service.
- Always keep your valuables intact in your bag or wallet and hold them throughout the journey when on board vehicles.
- Report all crimes at the Security Offices and seek assistance from any Security Officer near you.
KNUST SECURITY HOTLINES
You can reach KNUST Security using