Admission to KNUST Is Purely Based On Merit, Check Admission Procedures
Table of contents
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Admission to KNUST is purely based on merit. Limited vacancies are therefore keenly competed for.There are five categories of applicants for the undergraduate programmes. These are:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)/West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) holders
- Ordinary and Advanced Level GCE holders
- International Baccalaureate (IB) holders
- Matured applicants (age: 25 years and above) including HND holders (with 3 years working experience)
- International students as well as Ghanaians with foreign results.
Application e-vouchers are available between January-July and obtainable from all Regional Post Offices throughout the country.
International students apply solely online at www.knust.edu.gh
Selection of qualified applicants is done by a Central University Admission Committee
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
At the time of application, applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognised Institution in the relevant field of study.
Candidates applying for Doctor of Philosophy degree must have an MPhil degree or its equivalent from a recognised Institution and shall submit evidence of adequate training and ability to undertake the proposed programme.
The School of Graduate Studies is responsible for graduate instructions; however, each department exercises a large measure of autonomy for its graduate programmes under the general guidelines
established for the University.
The University offers both research and taught graduate programmes of study. Application e-vouchers are available between