2023/2024 Career Prospect in Architecture courses will be discussed in this publication. Do you picture yourself designing the next iconic building on this planet, an eco-friendly house or a shopping centre? If so, architecture may be for you. Architects design buildings of all types from residential housing to large public buildings.
This degree is the first stage of seven years of professional training needed to practice as an architect. The course combines studio-based design projects with gaining technical knowledge of materials and construction techniques.
Studying Architecture at University Example Course Modules
- Communication and group working
- History and theory of architecture
- Transferable skills for the built environment
- Design procedures
- Creative practice
- The principles of designing architecture
- The practice of making architecture
- Humanities and technologies
- Interdisciplinary design studies
- Architectural communication and representation
Career Prospect in Architecture courses
Architecture had one of the lowest unemployment rates of all the major fields before to the recession, and graduates were in high demand. However, the construction sector was particularly badly struck by the crisis, which has made the last several years difficult for architects. But more recently, things have been improving, therefore we anticipate and hope that the job market for architects will improve.
The majority of practising architects find employment in the field of architecture, frequently beginning as assistants as opposed to full-fledged architects or licenced technicians. Some, however, make the transition into management, design, or marketing positions, where they discover that their abilities in project management, design, and planning are highly valued.
Typical graduate job areas
- Town planners
Longer term career paths
Jobs where this degree is useful
- Interior or landscape designer
- Chartered architectural technologist
Other real-life job examples
- Historic buildings inspector
- Social sciences researcher
- Youth project leader