How to Apply for Biometric Birth Certificate Online in Ghana . Obtaining a birth certificate in Ghana used to be an extremely arduous process that may take months. People who applied for this certificate used to fight tooth and nail because they only applied for such certifications when they truly needed it for something significant. Things have altered in recent years. For the benefit of all Ghanaians, simple methods for obtaining a birth certificate have evolved.
One of the most crucial documents required of a Ghanaian is a biometric birth certificate. It’s required when applying for a passport, university, and other things.
The introduction of the E-service payment platform by the Ghanaian government, which allows eligible Ghanaians to apply for a biometric birth certificate online, pay the required fee, and have the certificate delivered to them in a timely manner, has made things easier.
In this publication, Knustnoticeboard.info will provide all you need to know about the easiest way to Apply for a Birth Certificate Online in Ghana.
- What is a Biometric Birth Certificate?
- Who is responsible for Issuing Biometric Birth Certificates in Ghana?
- Biometric Birth Certificate Application Process in Ghana
- Documents Required for the Biometric Birth Certificate Application Process
- How To Apply for a Biometric Birth Certificate in Ghana
- How to Apply for Biometric Birth Certificate Online in Ghana
- How To Apply for a Biometric Birth Certificate in Ghana through the Births and Deaths Registry Branches
- How much is the Ghana Biometric Birth certificate fee?
- Ghana Biometric Birth Certificate Sample
- Births and Deaths Registry, Ghana
- Birth & Death Registry Address
What is a Biometric Birth Certificate?
A birth certificate is an official document that is used to register a person’s Birth and identify them by name, location, date, and time of birth, as well as the names and addresses of their parents.
Who is responsible for Issuing Biometric Birth Certificates in Ghana?
The Ghanaian Births and Deaths Registry is in charge of issuing birth certificates to persons who are entitled to them. You must be born in Ghana and have Ghanaian parents before applying for a birth certificate (either one or both)
Biometric Birth Certificate Application Process in Ghana
The entire application process is simple because you can complete it all online. Please follow the steps outlined below to get yourself organized.
PC BOSS can be reached at the phone lines mentioned above if you have any questions or require assistance. We’ll send you a PDF with all of the requirements and fees.
Documents Required for the Biometric Birth Certificate Application Process
Make sure you have the necessary documents before filling out the online application form. To obtain a Ghanaian birth certificate, you must obtain scanned copies of each of the documents listed below.
- Weighing Card
- Baptismal Card
- Old Birth Certificate
- An affidavit from one of your parents (in case of a minor)
How To Apply for a Biometric Birth Certificate in Ghana
There are two methods you can use to acquire Biometric Birth Certificate in Ghana.
- Via Online Application
- Application through any of the offices of the Births and Deaths Registry, Ghana.
How to Apply for Biometric Birth Certificate Online in Ghana
To apply for the Ghanaian biometric birth certificate,
- Log on to https://dev.eservices.gov.gh/portal/login
- Click on Register to take you to the registration page
- Enter your details as required in the fields in the form provided: First name, last name, email address, password
- Click on Sign Up to proceed.
- Complete the form provided as accurately as possible and click on next.
- Upon successful completion, a confirmation will be sent to the email address you provided
- Log in to your email and click on the link to confirm. It will take you back to the application portal.
- Click on apply for Birth Certificate or BDR link.
- Carefully read the instructions provided and select “new applicant” to begin. A form will be presented for you to fill.
- Fill all the required fields with the correct information. (NB: Its should be in uppercase letters).
- Upload all scanned documents
You’ll then be taken to the payment page to continue.
How To Apply for a Biometric Birth Certificate in Ghana through the Births and Deaths Registry Branches
- Visit any branch of the Births and Deaths Registry in Ghana near you, Hospitals
- Request for a Birth Certificate
- You will be given a form to fill out your relevant details
- Afterward you will be required to pay for the birth certificate
- You will then be asked to come back after some time (about two weeks) for your biometric birth certificate
How much is the Ghana Biometric Birth certificate fee?
It costs GHS 80 to apply for a Ghanaian Biometric Certificate, which takes two to three weeks to complete.
Ghana Biometric Birth Certificate Sample
A sample birth certificate is provided below to assist you better understand what a birth certificate is and what information it contains.
Births and Deaths Registry, Ghana
The Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development established the Births and Deaths Registry under Act 301 of 1965, which has since been replaced by the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 2020. (Act1027). The Ghana Births and Deaths Registry’s main purpose is to provide accurate, timely, and reliable information on all births and deaths that occur in the country by registering and certifying them.They provide the following services ;
- Early Birth Registration
- Late Birth Registration
- Extracts (Births and deaths)
- Death Registration
- Change of Name
Birth & Death Registry Address
Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development
Address: 2nd Liberia Road
P.O. Box M50 Accra
Ghana, West Africa
Telephone: 0302 66 8068 / 4383 /2871