It has gotten to the attention of Management about some fraudulent, robber and mischievous incidents lately in the regions of the school considered off-
campus. This article goes out to advice and caution students about these
terrifying acts of fraudulence and robbery.
The perpetuators of these incidents prey on the innocence and good mannerism
of students. On the approach of a student, these criminals, act with high accuracy
and convincing effect to lure you into thinking, sincerely, that they are arguing.
They then ask the student to help solve the misunderstanding. Once they are
alone with just the student, they threaten and then rob the student of his/her
belong usually laptops, phones, money etc. Some even, using convincing trickery,
lure students into secluded places then rob them.
If you are reading this, you must be on high alert for your wellbeing and safety.
Below are some guidelines to aid you avoid them.
- Generally, avoid people arguing on ‘off-campus.’
- If there is an alternate path to use once you encounter such company, use it.
- Do not allow strangers to follow you when you are giving them directions,
instead refer them to the nearest security post near campus
- If possible, move about with less valuables on you.
- Walk around in pairs.
- Do not walk around late in the night.
Below are the University’s Security Hotlines
Source: Knustnoticeboard.infoFollow us on Whatsapp , Instagram, Twitter , Facebook