The mission of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST is to develop the next generation of ethical and transformational leaders who will have a positive impact on the African continent.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST delivers quality university education to academically outstanding but economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa. Scholars in the program will receive comprehensive training that will prepare them to be change agents. The Scholars Program encompasses a variety of services such as mentorship, cultural transition, and others that will lead to academic success, community engagement, and employment prospects for scholars, all of which will support the goal of social mobility.
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
The Scholarship package includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, Enterprise Development amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of and network with the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
Download a copy of the 2021/2022 application form
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE: ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2021!!
International Applicants Should Note
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents;
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the MCFSP at KNUST Secretariat.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of All examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of Successful applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
Please Note Well:
- There are absolutely No Charges/ Fees/ Facilitation/ Agents or Intermediaries Required at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for dismissal.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee, also constituted by the Vice Chancellor, are Final.
- Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be Active at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further enquiry and assistance on how to apply, please contact the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790 / +233-3220-62975 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants shall not contact the Secretariat under any circumstances on the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants as when necessary.
- All Applicants must apply to KNUST for undergraduate admission in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- How To Adapt To New Environments
- How To Handle Stress And Anxiety
- KNUST Set Official Date for 2021 Congregation ,Procedure for Registration and Collection of Certificates
- 4 Ways on How To Advetise Products And Services
- Best Football Live Streaming Sites Free