How To Apply For a Students Loan In Ghana From The Students Loan Trust Fund will be discussed in this publication. The Students Loan Trust Fund(SLTF) is a government initiative that enables financially unstable students to be able to access tertiary education in Ghana.
Their mission is to provide timely financial services to eligible Ghanaian tertiary students and their vision is inspiring and unleashing greater prospects. This year’s application portal has been opened for over 70,000 students to apply.
How To Apply For Students Loan From The Students Loan Trust Fund
- How To Apply For Students Loan From The Students Loan Trust Fund
- Is Student Loan Good to Take?
- How to Get a Loan from Student Trust Fund
- HOW TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT FOR STUDENT LOAN From The Students Loan Trust Fund
- How much can I get from SLTF in Ghana?
- What is the interest rate on student loan trust fund?
Is Student Loan Good to Take?
They can be considered good debt because the money you’re borrowing to attend school is your ticket to earning a degree and getting hired at a well-paying job. That debt should pay itself off over time with a lucrative career in place.
How to Get a Loan from Student Trust Fund
- You must be a Ghanaian.
- You must have been offered admission to study an accredited tertiary programme in Ghana.
- You must be pursuing tertiary programme such as a diploma or 1st degree.
- You must have a valid Ghana Card Number (can be acquired at designated GRA offices for free)
- You must have an active registered Mobile Phone Number
- You must have a valid Email Address
- You must have a Student ID card or admission letter
- You must have an E-zwich Card (can be obtained at any bank)
HOW TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT FOR STUDENT LOAN From The Students Loan Trust Fund
- Visit www.sltf.gov.gh
- Click on the Signup button
- You may read the legal notice and click on Agree, that is if you agree.
- Fill in the required information and click on Next
- On user account info. page, tick the box “I agree to terms of service”(ie. if you agree to the terms of service) and click on Create Account button
- Once you create your account successfully, you will receive an activation code on your phone number or email. Input the code you received in the textbox and click on Activate Account button
NB: If for any reason you did not receive your activation code after 24hours, kindly contact the nearest Students Loan office for assistance. Note that any activation code sent to you expires after 48hours.
Also make sure you enter your correct active phone number and email address should be in small letters to receive the activation code.
How much can I get from SLTF in Ghana?
Amounts received by the students after applying for SLTF (Students Loan Strust Fund) ranges from GH¢1,500 being the lowest and GH¢3,000 as the highest, depending on the needs of the students after a means-testing assessment by the SLTF before disbursement to the students.
What is the interest rate on student loan trust fund?
Maximum rate applied will be 12% until reviewed. In effect where the T-bill rate goes beyond 12% the SLTF shall fix the rate at 12%. It is in the interest of applicants to pay off their loan sooner than the repayment period given, in order to reduce the interest charges. Students loan repayment made easy.Follow us on Whatsapp , Instagram, Twitter , Facebook