WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world. In fact, it is the fourth most used app. This app has been around for quite a while and has millions of users all around the globe. However, the app has a few downsides and limitations that users need to take into consideration. One of the biggest issues with this app is backup.
If you are looking for ways to restore your WhatsApp chat history, then you have come to the right place. In this blog, you will find detailed information on how to get back your old WhatsApp messages that got deleted or were lost for some reason.
Here is the ultimate guideline to help you quickly recover your WhatsApp chat history.
To ensure that your chats are backed up before restoring them on a new Android device:
How To Backup Your WhatsApp Chat
- Open WhatsApp > More options > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- Choose the Google Account that you want your chats backed up to. You can also create a local backup on your device.
- Tap BACK UP.
- After the backup has been saved, you can remove WhatsApp from your device and install it on your new Android device.
Restore from a Google Drive backup
You can enable the automatic backup feature for your chats and set the frequency to daily, weekly, or monthly to keep a copy of your chat history on Google Drive. To successfully restore a Google Drive backup, use the same phone number and Google Account that was used to create the backup.
To restore your backup:
- Ensure that your new Android device is linked to the Google Account where your backup is saved
- Install and open WhatsApp, then verify your number.
- Tap RESTORE when prompted to restore your chats and media from Google Drive.
- After the restoration process is complete, tap NEXT. Your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
- WhatsApp will continue to restore your media files after your chats are restored.
If you install WhatsApp without first backing up to Google Drive, it will restore from your local backup file (SD Card).
- Your phone will store up to the last seven days’ worth of local backup files.
- Local backups will be automatically created every day at 2:00 AM and saved as a file on your phone. –
- If your data isn’t stored in the “/sdcard/WhatsApp/” folder, you might see “internal storage” or “main storage” folders.
To all the peeps who use iPhones, we have you covered also…
Restore your chat history from an iCloud backup
1. Verify that an iCloud backup exists in WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
2. If you can see when the last backup was performed, delete and reinstall WhatsApp.
3. After verifying your phone number, follow the prompts to restore your chat history.
• You must be signed in with the Apple ID you use to access iCloud and iCloud Drive must be turned on.
• There must be enough free space on both your iCloud and iPhone. You need to have at least 2.05 times the space available in your iCloud account and on your phone than the actual size of your backup.
• The phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same. You can’t fix the chat history from another WhatsApp account.
• Because backups are tied to individual phone numbers, it is possible to have backups for multiple WhatsApp accounts stored in the same iCloud account.
I hope you have been taught how easy it is to restore your WhatsApp chat history with this post.
Kindly refer to the links provided below or you can send in your enquires in the comment section provided under this post.
How to restore your chat history. (2022). Retrieved from WhatsApp LLC: https://faq.whatsapp.com/iphone/chats/how-to-restore-your-chat-history/?lang=en
Koetsier, J. (2022, March 23). Reactive Native; Top Apps Of 2022 By Installs, Spend, And Active Users: Report. Retrieved from Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2022/03/23/top-apps-of-2022-by-installs-spend-and-active-users-report/?sh=72a4bbded3ac
- How to Restart an iPhone: The Necessary Steps to Restart an iPhone
- How to Use Google Scholar
- How to Open EHI File
- How to Check your Vodafone Number in Ghana
- Complete Guide: How to Apply for Ghana Biometric Birth Certificate Online, Fees, Sample
- How to Boost Your Creative Thinking
- How The Knust University Hall Came By The Name KATANGA