CoHSS Knust President Call On Management On the of Deferment of Students. More than 1000 students at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) have had their studies postponed due to nonpayment of tuition fees.
The deadline for paying fees was extended to April 7, 2022, some students were still unable to do so.
CoHSS Knust President On The Subject Of Deferment Of Students… He wrote ;
I broke down in tears upon the news of the Deferment of the 1000+ of our dear students as per KNUST’s Fees Credit and Debt Management Policy!I plead for MERCY as all indicators show that these students are constrained financially. I propose a strategic PAYMENT PLAN as an alternative.
However, engagements have been ongoing since yesterday and the following resolutions were made after consultations with the various stakeholders;
- All students who have been automatically deferred as of yesterday, 19th April 2022 will have their deferred status reverted after 70%/100% payment of their fees.
- All students who paid after the deadline for payment of fees were also affected as the system picked those who paid before 7th April 2022. Management’s Attention has been drawn to this and the UITS will soon check things out.
- All KBN and KNUST Bursary Beneficiaries will have their disbursement reflected on their portal as soon as possible.
- Students are encouraged to keep calm as we employ all other alternatives to have things sorted out.This too shall pass!
- Update : Knust Sends General Notice To Deferred Students
- Students Use Fees to Engage in Gambling and Irrelevant Stuff-KNUST URO on Deferred Students
- KNUST Defers Over 1000 Students For Inability To Pay Fees On Time.