Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Knust College of Science Courses, History, Mission and Vision
- College Of Science History
- College Of Science Mission
- College Of Science Vision
- College Of Science Objectives
- Knust College Of Science Courses
- How many faculties are in college of science in KNUST?
- Who is the current provost of College of Science Knust?
College Of Science History
The College of Science is one of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology’s six colleges (KNUST). The College was founded in 1961 as the Faculty of Science, but after the University was divided into six colleges in December 2004, it was given its current status. There are two main faculties and one research center that make up the College. It employs over 150 academics and has a student body of nearly 3500.
The College has a large alumni base, with many working in various areas of the economy and around the world. The College has over the years built a high reputation as a centre of excellence for the training of basic and applied scientists and has produced a large number of graduates for various sectors of the national economy, and internationally.
College Of Science Mission
The Mission of the College is to provide high-quality teaching, research, entrepreneurship training, and service; and to develop programmes in the pure and applied sciences for the industrial and socio-economic development of Ghana and Africa.
The College offers students the opportunity to discover and fulfill their potential and provides access to a first-class education in science for people of diverse ages, ethnicity, and academic preparation.
College Of Science Vision
The Vision of the College is to produce high calibre science graduates to support and sustain the industrial and economic development of Ghana and Africa.
College Of Science Objectives
Our ultimate Goal is to become a centre of excellence for the training of high calibre science graduates, critical to the industrial and economic development of Ghana and Africa.
Knust College Of Science Courses
- BSc. BIOCHEMISTRY ( Does Knust offer biochemistry? Admission and Entry Requirement into KNUST Biochemistry And Biotechnology)
- BSc. FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (
- BSc. CHEMISTRY ( Knust Admission into Chemistry: Entry Mode,Entry Level ,Assessment and Career Opportunities )
- BSc. PHYSICS ( Physics Admission Requirement , Entry Level,Assesement and Career Opportunities )
- BSc. METEOROLOGY AND CLIMATE SCIENCE (
- BSC. MATHEMATICS ( Admission Requirements And Career Opportunities For Bsc Mathematics in Ghana )
- BSC. ACTUARIAL SCIENCE (
- BSC. STATISTICS (
- BSc. COMPUTER SCIENCE ( KNUST Admission into Computer Science: Entry Mode,Entry Mode, Entry Level ,Assessment and Job Opportunity )
- DOCTOR OF OPTOMETRY (OD) ( Optometry And Visual Science Admission Requirement,Entry Level ,Assessment and Career Opportunities )
- BSc. BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- BSc. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE ( Environmental Science Knust Admission Requirement )
Students in this college automatically are members of Science Students’ Association
How many faculties are in college of science in KNUST?
The College is made up of two main Faculties and one Research Centre as stated above. They are : Faculty Of Biosciences and Faculty Of Physical and Computational Sciences
Faculty Of Biosciences
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- OPTOMETRY AND VISUAL SCIENCE
- THEORETICAL AND APPLIED BIOLOGY
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
Physical and Computational Sciences
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
Who is the current provost of College of Science Knust?
Prof. Leonard K. Amekudzi is currently the provost of the College of Science Knust.Follow us on Instagram, Twitter , Facebook, Whatsapp