Knust Lecturers Told To Sack Students Who Wear Miniskirts And Sleeveless Tops To Class
The Knust College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Faculty of Law, has instructed lecturers to dismiss students who arrive in lecture halls dressed inappropriately. They claim that they have been advised that students do not follow the faculty’s dress code.
Please note that white means white
All lecturers are encouraged to sack students, who do not comply with the above, from class.
- Is it hard to adjust to college life? See How To Adjust To University Life
- How To Deal School Life And Relationships
- How to Create A Working Revision Timetable
Knust Faculty Of Law Dress Code For Students
Law students are required to place a high value on personal appearance, including atire. While dressing is broadly proteced as freedom of expression under the 1992 Constitution, The Ghana Educational system has laws that permit schools to regulate how students dress to their various departments and faculties as long as the purpose of doing so is clearly connected to an orderly school environment.
Dress Code For Students At The Faculty Of Law.
To maintain a good image, students must be appropriately attired, in a manner befitting the status of the Faculty of Law. Students must dress appropriately in lecture halls tutorials classrooms and the library.
Male students must wear
- White shirt, black trousers and tie
- Black pair of shoes and dark pair of socks. Slippers or sandals are not allowed
- No piercing of ears or putting on of earnings
Female students must wear,
- White shirt or blouse with black pair of trousers or black skirt and black shoes.
- Black suit with black pair of shoes. No slippers.
General Dress Code
- You must not expose your midriff, chest, upper thigh, or show visible cleavage or undergarment.
- You must not wear transparent (see-through) clothes.
- Hair should be neat, clean, and presentable. No outrageous haircuts/styles.
- Hairstyles that go beyond shoulder length should be secured,
- Artificial hair should be color 1B or 2, with no outrageous hair colours.
- Fingernails should be clean and of short to medium length. Muted tones of nail polish are appropriate For women.
- Tattoos if any should be covered.
- Jewelry should be minimal and understated.
- Button-down shirts and professional tops should be worn, Students should avoid low-cut necklines.
- “Spaghetti-style” tops are not allowed at the Faculty.
- Leggings are not allowed,