The College of Science has a Knust Science Students Association, which acts as a governing body for all students and seek to ;
- bring together all student of various department of the college of science
- promote the interest in the study of science by organizing seminars and publication of scientific achievements
- facilitate academic progress and to protect the interest of members of SCISA, especially as regards lectures, examination and subjects combinations, among others, and
- Organize exchange programmes with both local and international sister institutions.
- SCISA further seeks to promote the study of science and its related subjects whilst ensuring an enabling environment for academic excellence.
As part of its programmes, a number of educational and social activities are undertaken by the Association each year; these include:
Week Celebration –
- Outreach programmes to senior high schools and other societal institutions.
- Launch with educational seminar for students.
- College socializing event.
- Entrepreneurship training
Science Students’ Association Programmes
- Trade and Technology Fair (TRATECH) – A platform where students get the chance to display what they have learnt.
- Science Fair and Blood Donation
- Clean up Exercise
- Quiz and Debate Competition etc.
- Community volunteer and sensitization programmes
Science Students’ Association Constituent Departments
Students’ Association for Science (SCISA) KNUST, which was established in September 1982, is made up of nine departmental associations. It presently has around 5000 students as members. The Departmental Associations are:
- Biological Science Students Association (BIOSSA)
- Optometry Students Association of Ghana (OSAG)
- Ghana Biochemistry Students Association (GBSA)
- Association of Food Science and Technology Students (AFSTS)
- Computer Science Society (CSS)
- Statistics and Actuarial Science Students Association (SASSA)
- Association of Mathematics Students (AMS)
- Ghana Students Chemical Society (SCS)
- Physics Student Association of Ghana (PHYSAG)
The Executive Body
SCISA has an executive structure and a council-level mode of administration.
The executive is made up of the ;
- Vice President
- General Secretary
- organizing secretary
- Financial Secretary
- Women’s Commissioner
The council is made up of departmental association presidents and secretaries, committee chairpersons, and class representatives.Follow us on Instagram, Twitter , Facebook, Whatsapp