2023/2024 Physics Admission Requirement, Entry Level, Assessment and Career Opportunities
About Undergraduate Physics
Electricity and electronics are some of the biggest discoveries that humankind has ever made – thanks to Physics. Through a proper understanding of physics, we have been able to harness it into something useful for the world. This course describes how the natural world works through applied mathematical formulas to make life much better.
This programme is widely taught as full time, part-time, distance at most levels
General Entry Requirements
Prior qualification in General Science (with emphasis in Physics and Elective Mathematics) is necessary for enrollment on this course.
WASSCE Entry requirements
2021/2022 Physics Admission Requirement,Core: Credit passes (C6) in English, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science & Social Studies Electives: Credit passes (C6) in any three elective subjects
• Must be, at least, 25 years by (*certain date). • Should have a minimum of GCE/SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate or an equivalent qualification. – Must pass a University Entrance Exam or aptitude test in Math and English.
Masters (MPhil, MA, MSc) A good first degree (at least a second class lower division) in a relevant field of study at any recognised University.
Normally a Master’s degree with research in the relevant field will be required for admission to this programme. Where an applicant is judged to have any deficiency, this may be remedied by requiring the applicant to make up as appropriate either by course work or mini-project or both.
- 2022/2023 KNUST Admission of Candidates to Higher Degree Programmes
- KNUST Admission into Computer Science: Entry Mode,Entry Mode, Entry Level ,Assessment and Job Opportunity
- Knust Admission into Chemistry: Entry Mode,Entry Level ,Assessment and Career Opportunities
- 7 Key Tips on How To Get Admission Into Knust Medical School
Career Opportunities Physics
- Accelerator Operator.
- Applications Engineer.
- Data Analyst.
- Design Engineer.
- High School Physics Teacher.
- IT Consultant.
- Lab Technician.
- Laser Engineer.
How Students Are Assessed
Students are assessed by any combination of two assessment methods: quizzes/interim/mid-semester tests (30%) and written examinations (70%) at the end of each course.
Female applicants into Science; Technology; Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programmes of study shall gain one aggregate point advantage. This is to facilitate and encourage Female students into these programmes of studyWhatsapp , Instagram, Twitter , Facebook