Prempeh College is a public secondary boarding school for boys in Kumasi, Ghana’s capital city and headquarters of the Ashanti Region. The Asanteman traditional authority, the British Colonial Government, the Methodist Church Ghana, and the Presbyterian Church of Ghana formed the institution in 1949. Sir Osei Tutu Agyeman Prempeh II, the King of Ashanti (Asantehene), donated the land on which the school was established. Prempeh College Houses Names will be discussed in this publication.
Prempeh College Houses Names
Prempeh College Houses are nine (9) Houses in total, namely
- Osei Tutu
- Opoku Ware
Ramseyer was erected first, followed by Freeman, and finally Butler. On grounds the arrangement is not in this order, but you will find Butler in between Ramseyer and Freeman. These three residences, however, have the same design.
The Pearson, Aggrey, and Guggisburg (popularly known as G’burg) Houses are located in another portion of the school and are neatly organized by row and style.
The remaining three houses (Osei Tutu, Serwaa, and Opoku Ware) are located in various areas and have diverse designs.
The Dinning Hall, for example, shares common boundaries with Osei Tutu and Serwaa (both at each sides of the Dinning Hall). Opoku Ware is located on Freeman’s western edge.Follow us on Whatsapp , Instagram, Twitter , Facebook