Prof. Dr. Dr. Otchere Addai-Mensah is an Associate Professor of Haematology, Immunology and Global Health in the Department of Medical Diagnostics, and the Vice-Dean of Students at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
He is a trained medical doctor and holds a BSc in Human Biology and an MBChB (General Medicine) from the School of Medical Sciences of the KNUST. He also holds an MSc. in Biomedical Sciences from the University of Westminster in London-UK, and a PhD. in Immunology and Biotechnology from the prestigious RWTH University in Aachen, Germany. He has undertaken courses in Pharmacovigilance and Pharmacoepidemiology from the University of Bordeaux in France, and completed the taught component of an MBA in Strategic management.
He previously worked as a Researcher at the Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology in Germany, and as a Resident in the Departments of Internal Medicine and Pathology at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi.
He is a member of the board of the Nursing and Midwifery Council Ghana, the National Vice President of the University Teachers Association (UTAG-KNUST and Ghana), a member of both the British Society of Immunology and the Ghana Medical Association (GMA).
He has in the past held both local and national positions like National Spokesperson of the Junior Doctors Association, Secretary of the Ghana Medical Association (Ashanti Division), member of the National Executive Council of the Ghana Medical Association, and a member of the Ashanti Region Prisons Council.
Prof. Dr. Dr. Addai-Mensah has extensive experience in scientific research and general management, and has a number of publications in reputable journals to his credit. His research interests are in Infectious Diseases, Malariology, Biomedical Sciences, Immuno-epidemiology, Haematology, Immunology, Transfusion Medicine and Public Health.
|PhD (Dr. rer.nat) Immunology and Biotechnology||Oct. 2014|
|MSc Biomedical Sciences||Sep. 2005|
|BSc Human Biology||Jul. 1999|
Institutions of Study
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology- Ghana
- University of Westminster-UK
- RWTH Aachen University- Germany
Areas of Specialisms
|Lecturer Department of Medical Laboratory Technology, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences||Feb 2008||current|
Positions Held & Hold
- Member, Governing Council KNUST
- National Spokesperson Junior Doctors Association of Ghana
- Secretary Ghana Medical Association, Ashanti Division
- Executive Member, University Teachers Association of Ghana, KNUST branch
- National Vice President, University Teachers Association of Ghana
- Vice Dean of Students, KNUST
- Dean Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, College of Health Sciences
- Head, Department of Medical Diagnostics Faculty of Allied Sciences, Ciollege of Health Sciences
- Head, Department of Medical Laboratory Technology, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, College of Health Sciences
- Chief Invigilator, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, College of ALlied Health Sciences
Awards and Recognition
- Best Student Internal Medicine, School Of Medical Sciences KNUST 2002
- Best Student Neurology, School of Medical Sciences KNUST 2002
- Best Student in Clerkship , School of Medical Sciences KNUST 2002
Associations/Affiliations (Contribution & Current Position)
- Member, British Society for Immunology
- Member American Society for Microbiology
- Member, European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
- Member, The Antibody Society
- Member, European Biotechnology Network
- Member, International Society for Infectious Diseases
- Member, University Teachers Association of Ghana
- Member, Ghana Medical Association