We at KNUST Notice Board, would like to draw the attention of the Electoral Commission of the SRC which is in charge of organizing elections (both SRC and NUGS) to the growing concerns on the delay of the Local NUGS election after the little misunderstanding during the first sitting of the 13th SRC Parliamentary Council at the IDL Conference.
In as much as one may not agree with the need to have halted and adjourned the said sitting sine die, we believe that time is far gone to be silent to the silence of the stakeholders in charge of organizing the Local NUGS election.
This development has grown to affect the delegates and candidates as well.
The unfortunate development during the sitting thwarted the anticipated great start of the 13th Parliament, but we are still hopeful that the reign of this house shall be great.
A lot of conversations are being sparked calling for the stakeholders to put measures in place for the election to come off as soon as possible.
We have a few questions to ask in respect of the Local NUGS election.
- What has been the outcome of the meeting of the Electoral Commissioner/speaker with the Dean of students?
- What has been the EC’s engagement with candidates and delegates ahead of the awaiting schedule?
- Was the gravity of the little misunderstanding during the sitting worth this long delay?
- Most delegates are still around campus, what is the new schedule for the election?
- The delegates, candidates and the entire student populace need an official address and date for the election, when should that be?
We pray the Electoral Commissioner of the SRC, outgoing, to furnish students with his immediate plans for organizing the Local NUGS election.
We will keep our readers and followers updated on further developments in relating to the Local NUGS Election.Follow us on Whatsapp , Instagram, Twitter , Facebook